Thursday, September 22, 2011

Adjusting

My new friend Robin, I have to thank you for the "cue up" here....I was going to wait, but maybe documenting this as it goes will be as important.

I have often found that when working as a team, part of the process is the learning each other. I tell ya, its always a difficult process to watch people who could be valuable players in the process and choose out....Choose to self serve or self promote....Even to the point of undermining their fellow teammates.

I heard a new statement today I hadnt heard before.... "SW" I asked what that meant and was told "Some Will, Some Wont, So What!" I know that sounds harsh, but sometimes you just get to that point...

Once again, I am reminded of crabs....And ya know, crabs, they don't know they are crabs man...they just do what they do because that's what they are. How many GREAT leaders have said "Love them anyway" or "God forgive them for they just don't know" or whatever great quote from any faith/belief/philosophy in regards to this.

It a difficult process to watch and because you are a part of that team, EXPERIENCING the struggles! There are just some people who wont ever "get it," and are just too connected to misery; choosing to continue to create it because they are to afraid of change. Letting go, even of what creates our struggles can be such an attachment.... I just don't get that about the human nature....And we all do it on some level...Its a stunner for me!

The sad thing is that generally, those creating that drama, don't realize how much it affects the WHOLE, they are so focused on their desire and passions, they try to run over others passions to get to their dreams....And I am of the opinion that you can never make your dreams a reality by minimizing someone elses....It just cant work! It is a defeater in the whole definition of dreams!

So as a result, you do damage to the team because they want to "support," but they continue to choose out, but don't want to say "I choose out."

I remember in LP when this would happen....It was such a wound to the team, we all suffered from it.

I am reminded all the time of LP right now....The breakdowns, the breakthroughs....This "getting to know" each other was also the aligning with the roles of what it took to make a good team, personality conflicts, dislikes, etc....

In Dallas, 2001, we were an LP class of like 35, and was one of the largest...Man, was there some drama!! We had like 8 seniors, all the seniors coached 5-6 people.... Here I am senioring an "LP" and I have 38 as my team, not like 5-6....If I focus on it too much, it can almost become consuming.

I really have to just focus on other things and get VERY clear about what my ROLE is in all of this and find my focus. I am getting too distracted trying to think about how to manage drama that isn't "mine" to try and eliminate a further problem............. only to create another problem. *UUUGH* and *SIGH*

I took a clear moment last night to really run through HOW I WAS SHOWING UP in what was going on and realized, it is time for me to SHIFT and get connected to my role and not try to control the process.... I am once again reminded of LP and realize that I MUST "Trust the process" and also remember the process is "perfect"....Man, for a controller like me, that is a hard thing to SURRENDER to (another HUGE distinction I learned in LP and has continued to get more and more truthful.)

I consciously "stepped back" today and let go of my attachment of what it takes to make it work, focus on what I KNOW can work and WHY I AM HERE and move forward like my life and sanity depends on it and my hairs on fire (another LP statement).

So here I am tonight, relaxing from the surrender, feel lighter but still have an edge of neurosis.... But I am clear, if I wasn't neurotic, I wouldn't drive hard for what I feel is excellence....I don't believe perfection is something we strive for, perfection IS, EVERYWHERE, but to make it excellent, THAT is a good motivator for me! Tomorrow is and EVEN BIGGER DAY and I can actually FEEL the shift starting to take place. There is change on the horizon and I know it going to be PERFECT!!

Those of you reading this, remind me to reflect back to this blog.... Sometimes moments of clarity can get clouded in emotion, ego and pride....So I think its necessary to get those moments of clarity down to reflect back on....And again, Thanks Robin for lighting this fire for me..... I hope the picture I painted gives you a very broad range of the dynamics that are working....It really is a GROWTH PROCESS, all around!

And in the vision you have, THIS will be a reality for you....I promise you! Have a great night!!

Peace....Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment