Saturday, September 24, 2011

Networking

I had a great opportunity to network with an old friend/professor/coligue last night, today it expanded....Remember, take advantage of EVERY opportunity!!

When you are passionate about something you are working with, tell it to EVERYBODY because you just never know where an opportunity might arise. If they want to listen, TALK THEIR DAMN EAR OFF!!

Tody I had plans to go to a MC rally here locally; because I had a sick grandkid, I was unable to make it to the rally....I was really aggitated, irritated, and every other word you could think of... I was sympathetic to my grandson, but dammit, I had plans.

Well, the rally didnt work out so I called some friends at Shovlels ( some friend I have been close to over the years and been a part of making their dream a reality and now they have opened their own shop, (SHOVELS).

I went to Shovels tonight to take a quick stop and hang out, have a drink, eat some food, and socialize.

As I was taliking to the people around, me and Alonzo started to talk...

I have known Alonzo for a year or so and he created HIS dream and has his own mechanic shop now and it is one of the most popular in Kerrville...he is a man of integrity, helps his people, helps other people and offers a fair rate for the work he does...a PILLAR in the community!

He is an old biker, beer drinker, blues music listener.....Juats an avearge "good guy"

So we started to talk today and I started to talk about my program. I told him that some of my kids have a desire to be "Wrench Monkeys" and asked him if he would be interested in taking on "apprentaces" interns, put them to work, train them, let them "shadow" and if they do "good" MAYBE give them a job when the graduate.

As we spoke, I could seee his eyes light up and he was TOTALLY ENROLLED and said, "Yeah, I am totally down for that!"

I am so excited that in these last two days, without me even trying, (PROCESS) two people have SHOWED UP that want to be a part of this vision.

I think its TOTALLY necissary to always network and I FEEL (not that its a truth) that if you re passionate about what your BEING, DOING and HAVING, networking is ALL ABOUT  ENROLLING!

Alonzo is on board and even in my times of relaxation, I am searching ways to help these youth branch out to get education, first hand, IN THE BUSINESS, to get a feel!!

Thanks Alonzo, Iam looking forward to what we create together....

Man, when you have a GREAT vision, just PAY ATTENION and those who want what you want, they will seek you out (Remember that Shannon??!!)

Just had to get this down on paper....This is a great "block" in our "puzzle" that just found where it fits!! DAMN, THIS IS SOOOO COOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment