Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rolling along

So I am starting to find my groove in my new job and am starting to put it into second gear.

Starting the job, we did a massive amount of recruiting and some hiring of positions but I have a really great boss and our team seems to be really connected to their particular areas and we are all moving forward in good fashion.

We have an even coming up called "Mental Toughness" where we will spend a week with our students to see if they are a fit for them and if they are a fit for us. I was chosen to head up the week and put together the program so I have been actively working on that project.

With Golden Intentions, my goal was to create events like this but only for an hour or maybe up to three...Here I am planning and orchestrating a week! The good thing is I have all the tools, all the ideas and all the experience I need to accomplish this goal....I also have some fear!! Its been a while since I have taken on something like this, but based on results, I know its going to be amazing.

So Sept 12th we start Mental Toughness and begin the real selection process for this program. Its going to be my "baby" and I am really working hard to make sure I don't miss any vital steps in what I have made up in my head as "the process" of this week.

The GREAT thing about this week is I get to play games with the students and just get to know them. We had an interview process with 32 people yesterday to get them registered for Mental Toughness and just spending time with these folks and listening to them tell me just a little about their life left me EXHILARATED when I got home...I was FLYING!! It was a great reminder to me that all this footwork, networking, recruiting, politicking, etc....is all worth it to get where I am able to work with these people to find their personal greatness; I am truly excited!!

I was able to see in these short interviews who were going to be my "problem children" and who would be the ones that take little of my time.... Again, I was excited for every one of them!

So here we go!! It has really begun and this "Start Up" is really unfolding well....The future looks bright!! I am looking at another opportunity to really help people find the great things about who they are and what they are capable of and even in my harshest of days, when I don't care for people all that much, I still get excited about what they are capable of when they find that "switch" that "thing" that turns their light on and has them find their path.... So many of these people are walking around in the dark, lost, alone, with people who don't believe in them, and I GET to be the one to help them find that light switch!

What was I thinking when I thought I wanted to be a director?? THIS is my calling! THIS is where my talent is! THIS is where I am supposed to be!!! I think these last ten months have really allowed me to see this with more clarity now....Then again, maybe it was me that found the light switch!

I will keep you all updated on how it goes.... Keep some good vibes sent this way, there are some lost souls coming to me and I will take all the good stuff I can get!!



1 comment:

  1. just reading this makes me smile. Not only are you doing something rewarding, that it sounds like you love, but you are good at it and getting paid for it. Isn't life great??
    Carol Burns

    ReplyDelete