Sunday, August 14, 2011

Turn 46 tomorrow.

Well, the drought has been killer and we havent seen this guy for a while, we really were concerned he hadnt made it. There are portions of the river (s) I have NEVER seen dry....My yard is a desert, we have had 50+ days of over 100 degree temps....This has been a tough year or rancehers, livestock AND wildlife....It was sespected that 1/3 of all the baby deer wouldnt make it through the drought.

We however have had a baby in our yard and saw him suffering through along witht he other deer so we decided to put a trough out for the deer to have water. Not long after, a baby deer started to show up but he came in for a coupleof days and dissapeared, we feared the worst.


Well, a couple of days ago, I saw the little guy from a distance, off in a neighbors yard. I got all excited to see he was still kickin, told Donna I had seen him and we were both glad to know he had made it! But he wouldnt come into up in the yard... He was pretty skittish.

Well, tonight I was siting on my deck and had my phone with me and look who showed up!!!

Man, even when its the worst, the Hill Country is still a great place!! COME ON RAIN!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hbni0MSuc

Kinda cool gift I guess.... I turn 46 tomorrow.....OMMFG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment