Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jacobs Day!

So my wife and my middle daughter Brandi left for Houston last night to be there with Shanna for the baby being born. I chose to stay home and watch the boys due to how the last 10 months or so has unfolded with Shanna and her life in Houston...

My reasoning was that there is enough stress and drama in the birth of a child and my being there after my conflicts with Joseph (Shannas "baby daddy") I felt it was in the best interest of everyone involved that I stay home so I didn't have to see him, his family or Shannas father and his family.

Oddly enough and not so much to my surprise as I sit here, the ONLY people at the birth of Jacob was my wife, my daughter and Joseph....NO ONE ELSE was even there!! Not her father, her other sister, not any of his family...that's it!! And Donna and Brandi drove 5 hours and have been up all night to be there.... In some ways, I really feel bad now for NOT going....

As a result of NO ONE else being there, my wife had to stay outside in the waiting room to babysit Shannas other child, Shaylin... If I would have gone, that could have been me... I do feel bad, but still think I made the right choice.... I am sure all the "trash" will present itself now that the "boring" part is over.

Regardless, today is a wonderful day because Jacob has made his way into the world... Welcome to the world little buddy....Hang on for the ride!!

6lbs 7ozs 19 1/2 inches....3:35pm!



No comments:

Post a Comment