Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Little runaway

So tonight I was walking in from my porch and I hear a little voice....

"BBBBBRAAAAD"

from across the street... I turn and see my neighbors little girl walking toward me from their driveway with a stuffed ducky and a backpack on. She walked into my yard and said...

"Brad, can you take me to Victorias?"

I could see her parents on their porch watching her and immediately knew what was going on...

"Sweetheart, i dont know where Victoria lives."

"Well, do you have a GPS?"

"Do you know her address?"

"No."

"Then a GPS wont help us"

"well I can show you"

"Well why are you going there??? Are you running away?"

"Yeah, but only for a couple of days....Can you give me a ride?"
"Well sweetheart, I dont know if I could do that, your parents might get mad at me."

"No, they wont...they told me to go and packed my bag for me, see?"

And she pulled on her little backpack and starting pulling at her little shirt. I picked up my phne and called the neighbors and set the phone down so they could hear the conversation.

"Well, I guess I could call the police, maybe they could give you a ride and maybe they know Victoria... I might get in troouble if I take you."

"OK, can you call them and then go with me?"
"Go with you? Why?

"Well, that way you could make sure I get there OK and then they could bring you back."

Bam, what now?

"Well what if they are busy and cant bring me home, how will I get home?"

"You could call somebody to come get you"

No comments:

Post a Comment