Thursday, October 4, 2012

so much has happened....

SO my last post was about my move here and because I have gotten down in the dumps, I havent posted, but based on friends feedback its time for an update....

We moved here July 27th....Or I DID and I left my life back in Texas, with Donna taking care of our life there while I work on making life happen here. I really had it made up in my head that the struggles I faced in Kerrville were going to be minimal in comparrison to this. Well, I have found that the old saying of "no matter where you are, there you are" and that has become a truth. In my time here, I have moved in with my parents and worked hard to find a job here to continue working on our dream. Well, I am realizing that dreams are dreams for a reason...They arent reality, tey are dreams. Now dont get me wrong, I still believe that life is what we make it and if I wantlife to work on my terms, then I HAVE to make it happen....Little did I knwo thatthe Universe has it made up that to make things happen on YOIUR terms, you better be ready to WORK for it.

With that reality, I have come to realize that the life you WANT is not some easy task...To get what you want takes A LOT of work, and boy, have I been working! I have found there are a ton of opportunities here to move forward, but when youhave a vision and dream, well, that comes with a cost.... A cost of sacrificing a life that was moving like you want to a life of simplicity. I dont have my dogs, my horses, my front porsh, MY WIFE, OUR LIFE, the cost is much more than I imagined....But I still know that with that cost comes a reward.....DAM<N am I looking for the reward!

I took for granted the simplicity of the life I lived. Yes, I was not happy with my job or my direction, but I was at least getting a check. In these last few months, I have been spending my money to pay my bills, taking jobs here and there (thank you Terry) and realizing that a life that "works" is a lot more "expensive" than a life that works the way I want it too.

I have about 200 resumes out now, I have had 3-4 interviews...I have had very little interest in pursuing the easy route....I want what I want and man, let me tell you,that REALLY limits the possibilities.

Everyonme WANTS the DREAM job, but no matter how much you train or prepare, yhr lifr you WANT is not so accessible. There are a ton of people out there looking for the life you want and if you arent connected or in the loop, get ready for some dissapointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment