Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Donna kicking butt!

On Nov 5th, 2012, I started my official training with the Colorado Department of Revenue. I trained in Denver for a week and as I worked and started things rolling with the job, Donna kicked it in gear and started working on getting the house sold in Texas and finding a place that will be a fit for us in, or around Glenwood Springs. She is determined to have her three horses and all her animals so she was on the move.

Once I completed my procedure training, I was informed I would be training in Colorado Springs for 6 weeks and would relocate to Glenwood after that. This was a shift from what I thought was going to happen, as I was told I would be training in Grand Junction. This was a great thing for us because it would save a lot of travel time and money...Just another sign that everything is perfect and going JUST as it should. I figured my target date to be in Glenwood would be in or around Dec. 18th and started to plan as such.

We immediately dropped the price of the house again and Donna started her process to find a place to keep the horses. On Thanksgiving day Donna called me and said...

"I think I found a place. Its on 5 acres, we can have our dogs, our cat and all three horses. Its a one bedroom apartment above a barn and its short term. There is a house on the property that will be coming up for rent and after living in the apartment, we could move into the house. We can also just decide to board the horses there if we want, but it sounds PERFECT"

That is what tripped me up....If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! I asked her...

"Where did you hear about this? Craiglist? This sure sounds too good to be true. Why don't you follow up on this, see if you can contact a real person and if you can get it set up, I will drive up there this weekend and look at it."

Donna got off the phone with me and she was able to contact the owners and speak to them. They sent her pictures of the place and verified all the details and I made plans to go up and see it on Saturday, Nov 24th. Mom wanted to go with me so we set out early and made it in about 3 hours.

The town this place is located is called Silt Colorado and it is West of Glenwood Springs, about a 20 minute drive. The layout of the land is more Grand Mesa type mountains and is pretty spectacular. Its a REALLY small town with a population of about 3k people but that is JUUUST our speed!

As we followed the directions into the place, we found the road the house was on and ran into a herd of about 30 mule deer. The surrounding area is beautiful....The place lays at the base of some mountains and looks out over a grand mesa looking toward Grand Junction. When we puled up to the property, we found a mechanical front gate with a cowboy hat on it and at this point, it just felt "good" to be here.

We drove onto the property and mom and I were both awestruck...the place was BEAUTIFUL and although it seemed a little small for the horses it was boarding, it was DEFINITELY doable. The owners met us in the front yard and they were all smiles and friendly. Angelo and Toni were a very nice couple, about the same age as Donna and I and they started to show mom and I around. I will explain more with the pictures below.


This is just inside the front gate...The barn and the apartment are the building on the right.

That is BLM land and National Forrest behind the place...You can see the little front porch to the apartment on the left of the building.

This is the view East from our bedroom window and our front yard...

This is the end of the run where our horses will be kept...If you look back the other way, you will see picture number 2 here.


This is the view out of the living room window.


Kitchen...


Living room....


Bedroom....Notice the view looking West!


After meeting with Angelo and Toni, taking some pictures, getting a feel of the apartment, we came to an understanding that they would rent the apartment until April 1st, that they would leave it furnished with everything but their couches and bed and if it all worked our positively, we would discuss renting the house when they returned.

Although we wouldn't have use of the barn, we would be able to have the horses literally right out our back door and had only 40 acres between us and BLM land and Whitewater National Forrest. About 20 minutes away is a national park and reservoir and we have almost immediate access to all of it.

Oddly enough, after going back an looking at it, Donna had found these folks a month or so before for boarding and re connected with them and they had decided to short term lease the property shortly before she contacted them....NO ACCIDENTS!!

As we pulled out of the property to head home, there was a heard of 30+ elk greeting us... Man, this IS perfect!

I tell ya man, there truly is something magical about this "Trusting the process" thing....So far, just following the direction of our dreams is unfolding a really bright future and adventure. Let me explain...

So, I was told I would be in Glenwood by the 18th of December, the Angelo and Toni told us we couldn't move in until the first of January so now I was going to have to find a place to live from the 18th until the 1st....With 2 dogs and a cat.....I started looking.

It looked like I was going to have to simply get a hotel room for a couple of weeks and pay out the ass for it. The more I looked at the dates, the more I realized I wasn't positive about my start date in Glenwood. I called my boss to verify. When I got ahold of her, she said....

"Oh no Brad, we are keeping you in the Springs through the Holidays, we will plan on having you start here on the 3rd of January."

Now tell me there is no truth in that theory...TRUST THE PROCESS because the process is perfect if you just let it happen...With intention mind you, but its perfect!

So, Donna decided that hell or high water, she was leaving Texas on the week of the 17th of December and planned to be here in Colo Spgs by the 20th. We worked out the payment for the rent, had things rolling, dropped the price of the house again and started getting lookers....We had 3 people in a weeks time come and look at the house...THIS SHIT IS HAPPENING!!! OWTFDWIT!!

The house isn't sold yet but Donna has gone from a skeptical woman to a maniac on a mission with her hair on fire! WOOOO-HOOOO!! I LOVE THIS!!

I remember when this all started and I was talking to Donna and she was sad, scared and unsure and she said...

"I don't like this, this isn't fun, it doesn't feel like an adventure"

After all this fell in place, I was on the phone with Donna and she was just tickled, excited, anxious, ready to get here, ready to settle in and on the phone I said...

"So let me ask you, does it feel like an adventure now?"

She laughed and had no other response but "Yes, THIS is an adventure"

Today is the 4th of December, I did catch a cold on my trip to Glenwood that grew into a severe case of tonsillitis that has had me laid up and off of work for the last four days, but I am getting over it, and believe it or not, Sunday, this bug hit me so hard I had fluctuating fever, cold sweats, could not swallow, the poops and was about out for the count....And my insurance went into effect on Saturday....Yep, the process is PERFECT!!

So as I heal, I daydream about Donna and I together again, snuggled in our little apartment in the mountains, with all of our animals with us and living the live we dreamed of in July of this year. This just reminds me that dreams do happen, what we want can be created and life truly is a process of creation...Go make it big!!

2 comments:

  1. INCREDIBLY AWESOME BRO! I'm so very happy for you and Donna. I felt your shift the last time we chatted and the intensity that came out of you after that moment was mind blowing. It's amazing to me that just as I start falling on my face in my shit you blast out something that gives me hope. This time it's beyond just hope, it's not just a little spark of maybe, my kindling is ablaze like the coal fire in the little engine that could, it's no longer I think I can, it's I can----and I WILL! Time to start stacking on some bigger logs and get a full fledged BONFIRE going. Ain't no little weenie roast here, and if ya wanna sing kumbaya stand back unless you want one hell of a tan.

    It's incredible seeing what you and Donna have created through the power of intention, letting go and trusting the process, and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever giving up. Thanks for putting it all out there it's an awakening as to how to make and let dreams come true. I tip my hat, raise my glass, and say "kudos" you've done it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And, our place in Eagle is just a short drive away from y'all. Same difference as NB to Kerrville! So happy for you, Brad and Donna!

    ReplyDelete