Thursday, March 24, 2011

One day closer...

So Nathan and I went to New Braunfels yesterday to bring a large load (the majority) of the stuff going in my little apartment... We got there, the landlords was there and we started to unload stuff. As with everything, NOTHING can go smoothly! The area I put the TV doesn't have cable access and as we moved the TV, it wouldn't matter anyway because as I was walking up the steps with it, I stepped on the cord attached to the cable and RIPPED the cable hookup out of the back of the TV....Oh well, TV is over rated anyway....I can still watch videos!

The landlord said she wasn't sure if the wireless would reach the apartment and i went to work on that....No luck....I tried it three times and couldn't get it to work....GRRRRRR!!!

So we just unloaded the stuff and as Nathan unloaded, I was able to start setting up the apartment....I have to say, it was coming together nicely!!

I had some really wonderful friends who stepped up and gave me sheets, towels, rugs, some cook ware, candles, other bedding....It was all really coming together VERY nicely and better than I expected.

The landlord let me use two new lazyboys she had (blue in color) that I thought wouldn't really go well inside the apartment... I went to clean them and they cleaned up damn near to perfect.

The bedroom, living room and dining room are all in the same room and we moved some things around and it became, well, just perfect!

Donna bought me a piece of art from one of her classmates that I loved of a "Jazz Man" that had a multitude of color in it and one of the bedspreads I was given was a plaid "quilt style" with some blue in it and one of the sets of sheets I was given was a denim blue color....The apartment is all white and it just flowed perfectly!

It was about 85 degrees yesterday and the sun was ROASTING in my little yard....TO the point it was too much to sit outside. We turned on the ceiling fans and because of the tile floors, the inside of the apartment was nice and cool.

I fired up my music on my computer and started to arrange things, put pictures up, hang my Shiner Bock light and then we both just sat, listened to music and admired the new place.... All I could think of was how much I wish Donna was there with me BUT how much I was gunna love that it was going to be set up for her when she gets there Saturday.... As much as she dislikes this whole scenario, I know she will love this little place and eventually it will become a place where she and I are able to spend some quality time together... Again, I was growing excited.

So, now to the issue with the WiFi.... I went down to best buy because I have a phone I can use as a wireless router through my service.... My cell phonier works perfect there... Well, t would work, BUUUUUUT its 30.00 more a month...NOPE!! Ain't gunna do that!

Asked about other options, those were all 80-100.00 and I wasn't going to do that either.

So we drive back to the apartment and i went to find Ms. Brook's(the landlord) and we went to try and deal with the wireless again...Well, we got it to work but its sporadic....Oh well, i will make it work...In all reality, it will probably work on my front porch even better than inside and once the sun gets to about 3:30pm, the porch starts to get the shade and then sitting outside is really nice... The birds singing and watching the people driving down river road....I am sure the people watching on the weekends here will be a mirror of our years on the beach watching the weekender idiots on the beach as they drove by....Always great entertainment!

As i was hanging my things on the wall, I found a small microwave in the garage...I asked my landlord if I could use it, and she agreed to lend it to me.....BONUS!! Just saved me another 45.00.

So now, all I have to get is my cleaning supplies, a trash can for the kitchen, cleaning supplies, food, etc, and its completely a ready to roll! I was really very excited about it and was going to take pictures to post, but didn't want Donna to see it...I want her to see ti in person first....So i will take pictures on Saturday and post them then...I will get a little video tour and youtube it as well.

SO last nigh, I was just running all of this through my head and was thinking about how nice it would be to have a small strand of Christmas lights at the entrance of the gate that leads to my apartment....How nice it would be to have a few hummingbird feeders in the yard, a wind chime...Just things that make a place more "homey."

Last night, I had dreams of hummingbirds outside my widows of the apartment and buzzing me as I sat on the front porch and now THIS should shock ya....

I wake up this morning and there is an antique style glass hummingbird feeder sitting on my nightstand by my cell phone. I didn't tell Donna anything about my thoughts on this and she was gone before I could tell her about my dreams but when I woke up, there was a beautiful hummingbird feeder than Donna bought for me this weekend without me knowing to surprise me and add to the place....

Just shows you, we are really connected on a level that even surprises me sometimes!

So today will be filled with getting my truck all cleaned up and in shape for using as my office for my new job....It has been at least 6 months since this old truck as been washed so I have my work cut out for me today...

Just wanting to keep this updated as it unfolds....

Like the song says, "It just keeps getting better all the time"

And compared to three weeks ago, holy shit have I been ready for this to turn around... I am looking at this as just more evidence that the path we are taking with this next step is the right one....It is the path of least resistance and its seemingly just supposed to be happening....So many more positive things happening than negative and as I look at it, its not like I have been trying to "look" for the positive....As bad as things have been lately, I was really starting to get into that "victim role" and was so focused on the negative and creating "negative" that this IS happening!

For every breakdown there is a breakthrough....For every down, there is an up... And this seems to be the start of the breakthrough and that rollercoaster is clicking its way to the top.... Man, its such a good feeling to have life, once again, be getting back on track... I am excited that this will continue and I am ready to get started at this new job and get out there and create the life that Donna and I have dreamed of for the majority of our life together....

One more good day, and I would rather count the good ones, than the bad ones!!

6 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing person and I feel so honored to call you my friend. I wish you and Donna nothing but happiness, sunshine, rainbows and of course, lots of hummingbirds that visit you regularly. God Bless you my friend. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like energy attracts like energy....The feeling is mutual Kristy!

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story. I think the humming bird thing does go to show you and Donnas awesome connection, but also beleive in confirmation that your on the right track. I have had that happen several times. I used to watch a show on hgtv called country living or something like that. And FBG/hill country homes were on that show a lot. I was like where is FBG. I started to research the town and had an unusual attraction to it. So after I graduated college, even tho I had never seen the hill country, I decided to apply for jobs where I was living then and the only other place that I had be attractive too(for some strange reason) the last yr, which was in or around FBG. So for 3 months nothing, I finally got a call from SA for a CPS job in kerrville. So my husband and I drove 6 hrs to the interview. I knew that I would work in Kerr but live in FBG, even tho I had never actually seen FBG. I went to the interview, felt did good, but was not sure. That night I had a dream I was in a small room with some other people and I looked down and saw a black brief case and I accidentally dropped it in the floor and tons of peaches rolled out if it. I can trying to put them back in my brief case, but they were over flowing. Remember I had never seen FBG, except there houses. I guess I knew that they had peaches, but never thought about it. So driving back from the interview, we decided well let's go look at FBG to make sure we really want to live there. We were coming up on 290 and I started to see peach farm after peach farm, signs and more signs to buy peaches. This seemed to last all the way into FBG. I then thought of my dream and the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course that job lead to the job, I have now right in FBG. A job that I love handmade me realize that my purpose is to be a counselor. Workig on now going back to school.when I first moved to FBG, I came all alone for the first two months.I was not afraid. I look back and can't beleive I was so bold. I tell my husband I would be so scared to do that again. Unless something else drives me. When working for CPS, my co workers were bullies, but I did make a few good friends. One person I worked with, was like: Why are you living in FBg instead of Kerr, I said because I want to, he acted like I was stupid. But that job lead me to this job which has lead me to being a counselor. And before this job I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but after working with people.it felt so right. I had several more confirmations. My sister won free sittherbahn tickets and gave them to me since I lived inthe area. We ran into a man on the bus between parks. After all of talkin with him for a awhile.long story, but he was so clear and he looked at me and said lady you make a good choice when you decided to move to FBG. He even helped Shane feel better about the move. At the
    O

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the time talking with him, I felt such a clamness and peace. But as I reflected back later that day, thought how weird was that, a complete stranger telling me that. There are many other stories, like the time some ladies paid for my husbands groceries at the FBG walmart for no reason at all. He dresses nice, all they said was god bless and pass it forward. My husband landed a good job at the school, so many more stories, but got to get busy. Wish you the best on you and Donna the best on the new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey brad, I had to post anonymous because I don't have an account to some of those things. And realized my name read anonymous. Danette

    ReplyDelete