Monday, March 21, 2011

Shanna found out its a boy...

So as this week has started, we were able to take Shanna to the Doctor and find out what she was going to have....A boy, or a girl.

Now me, I don't care WHAT its about, I HATE the Doctors office so all the thrill and excitement that Donna and Shanna were experiencing, well, they could giggle and hop around all the want... I hate Doctors offices, waiting rooms and the fact that they are NEVER on time just irritates me to no end.

So we sat there, appointment at 10:30 and at 10:5o we get called in by a nurse (see what i mean!!?? GRRRRRRR)

We go to this room and Shanna lays down, they squirt some gel all over her belly and immediately on the screen I can See a spine and see a small heartbeat.....FRICKIN WOW!!

The baby moved around and the nurse started in with all her measurements and identifiers and WHAM, there it was, JUNK right up in the camera....ITS A BOY!! And just like a boy, gotta show ya his stuff!! LOL!!

So the nurse went on with the camera and then the baby shifted so we could really see him.... I reached for my phone and turned on my camera and below is what we saw as he started to say hello to us.

I gotta say, I am no "kid person" per say and I am a grumpy old bastage sometimes, but this is pretty stinking amazing!

It does sadden me that Shanna was there with just us (me and Donna) because the father of her children is too much of a scumbag to be responsible and be a real father figure of any kind....

It hurts my heart to know that those kids will have to experience him for their entire life and I reflect to all of the kids I have worked with over the years and their scumbag fathers and it really weighs on my soul to think that these kids will have to deal with that as they grow up... I have seen it soooo much, and to see it soooo close to home is really painful.

I remember looking back on the "leave it to Beaver" lifestyle and how geeky that seemed, but now that I am older and I watch these kids have kids, I sure would like to see those days return.

I am glad that Shanna chose OUT of that life and is on a path to great things ahead...She has a vision, she has a goal and she is driven to make it happen. I am glad to watch her break the cycle because the close she gets to that vision, the farther she pulls herself and her kids away from that dysfunctional reality that these kids father lives in....I might be saddened, but i am lifted with hope and smile as I think of the possibility for whats ahead for the three of them!!

Keep up the good work Shanna....You can make a GREAT life for you and your children...Stay away from the crabs in that bucket....They never give up!!

Check out the video...Pretty stinking amazing man!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHBdSwIMA_c



HOW COOL IS THAT!!??

2 comments:

  1. Very cool to see all that action! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brad. I've been following your recent Blogs. Many exciting changes which I am pleased to see you are viewing as "challenges."
    Way to go, man. Amazing video. Congratulations!!
    Best Regards... Gary Cosel

    ReplyDelete