Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Looking around

So today officially marks 8 months without a "real" job and I have broadened my search. Today i sent out about 15 resumes and applications to the West Coast...Some in Oregon, some in California....Funny, both states have a higher unemployment rate but more jobs than here locally... Hmmmm, how do they rate that anyway?

Donna and I have been talking and have realized that we have got to look outside of the box so we did some research. We found the West Coast (Pebble Beach up to about mid State Oregon) is the most appealing area for us both.

There are beautiful oceans, coastlines, trees, etc... But of course, there is earthquakes, the people aren't as friendly and in Oregon there is a fine line in regards to rain. Once again, I am dumbfounded in regards to how difficult it has become for me to find a job. I have looked everywhere in my immediate (and short distanced) area and cannot find ANYTHING....HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?

We still want to avoid major cities and don't want to live in a hot climate, there are a ton of places to choose from, but its going to be one hell of a shift when we make it happen...Selling the house, moving a long way off, etc...

So, starting today, I have officially started to broaden my scope and look around. It seems for now that the depression about all of it has subsided to a place of acceptance and "what the hell am I gunna do" type of mentality. Its still frustrating that it has to be this hard but it IS what it IS and I will deal with it as it comes. If anyone has any ideas, connections, tips (positive ones....I know about the earthquakes, economy and cost of living already, ;) ), job sources, or anything else....I am open to the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment