Friday, September 23, 2011

No Coincidences

So the week has ended and we really left on a "bruised leg"....The team is still together but we are all ready to get "TO IT". W had a staff meeting today and I was reminded that I am responsible for 3 hours of training these youth, twice a month, FOR 9 MONTHS!!! Why did I agree to that??? What the F*^K was I thinking!!?? LOL!!

So after our meeting today, I went to get Devin (my grandson) and this was continuously on my mind....I hate surprises!! LOL!!

As I thought about what we might do, I came up with a few ideas with Momma Max... She had a few ideas... but nothing seemed to really "Click"...Then I got a DAMN Face Book post....

"Next Friday is the annual Texas Heritage Music Day! Come and Bring all your friends. Also, if you would like to volunteer we would love for you to join us. It will not be let down."

(Thanks Mikey!!!! Oh, by the way folks, Mikey is a youth that I was a case manager for a few years ago and has helped me before with other youth...He is a GREAT kid...Gunna do MUCH in this world!!)

I remembered that this program ( http://www.texasheritagemusic.org/LHD_current/LHD_main.htm) is one that was created by one of my past professors and someone I have worked with professionally before. We have done some really great things collaborating together and I thought this might be another one. 

(Check out this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mj5hekh_lk

This is one of our collaborations...What a GREAT day!!)

At first, all I wanted was the timeframe of the event so I could take the youth to it for the experience, then I thought this might be a GREAT opportunity for my youth to do a service project, have a great day, represent YouthBuild and SHOW UP!!

Kathleen was IMMEDIATELY connected to my thoughts on this and we started texting each other back for about an hour. This event gets alot of Press, and we working as a team to support this community only builds this community.

SOOOOOOOOOO....This event; one that is huge in the community; works with youth, and now YouthBuild GETS to go to the event and help make it happen..... and probably have a day like they have NEVER experienced.... I am sooooooo pumped!!

As Kathleen and I texted, we started to realize we should have started this earlier.... I told Kathleen...

"Lesson learned, there is nothing possible for this program BUT growth!"

I can see this really helping both our organizations out as well as servicing our youth and the community....

Funny how so much of our passion abut our work comes from a similar training we both attended at about the same time.... NO ACCIDENTS/COINCIDENCES!!!

THIS is what is known as a WIN/WIN situation!!! DONT ever pass one up!!

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!

OWTFDWIT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment