Thursday, September 29, 2011

An opportunity

So today was a pretty slow day up until about 3:00 today. Was able to hang out with the kids, catch up on some paperwork, just a good flowing day.

I went for a meeting with my boss today at 3:00 and of course, showed up early. When I did, I walked in on a meeting about re-structure of the organization.

I was curious as to where this re-structure would have me so I was invited in to see what was taking place.

So as I was sitting there with my boss, OUR boss explained that MY boss was "moving up" in the ranks, the structure was going to shift a little and with this shift, there would be a position I would qualify for to promote into an administrative role with more pay. It was said that basically, I could have first swing at this position if I was interested.....

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

THIS is the EXACT kind of position I was searching for for the last ten months that I was unemployed. I was turning away from case manager jobs to look for THIS VERY kind of position....And here it is, I get first swing at it!!!

Of course I was overwhelmed but almost immediately said I was good where I was and would politely pass on the position.

I met a little longer with my bosses on some other business and then left and went back to the school. As I drove back I thought....

"Well, I would still be working for my boss Kimber, I would answer to her, could still be a part of YouthBuild, make more money, move up in the organization.....Why not?"

So I texted her this and said I wanted to talk to her about it, when she got a chance.

She called me tonight and we went over the job, what it would look like, the pay increase, the "step up" the ladder and as I talked to her about it and it just tasted more and more sour.

If I took the job, I would NOT have the contact I would have with these youth now and I am so totally committed to their success, there is no way I can step away from them....

So, I told her again, I politely decline.... I am where I am supposed to be!

OWTFDWIT!!!

NO WAY IN HELL I can walk away from that.....What am I modeling for these kids??? The same that many of them live in......

"When a better deal comes along, people walk away"

NO WAY man, this is the best deal!!

For those of you that have chatted with me over the last few months.....WHOODA THUNK IT!!

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR!! You just never know when it might show up!

And then tonight, I get this in the mail...

Some of you know about the training I took in 2001....It was a Leadership Program and was HUGELY impacting in my life.... Here is a video from another LP group that experienced that training.....WOW!!!! Just......WOW!!!!!

What a day!! And to think tomorrow is even a bigger one!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment