Thursday, October 27, 2011

Recognized

Today, Baptist Child and Family Services was recognized by a large philanthropic organization called the Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country (http://www.communityfoundation.net/). I was aware that BCFS was a progressive oorganization and has reaches World Wide, but today I was able to see it in more detail, and in communication with people working at different levels to attain the Mission of the organization.

I was able to meet a couple that are about my parents age and have been working for BCFS in Europe, in Moldova. They are working with the model of BCFS here and creating a system to help fostered youth in a 3rd world setting....SOOOOOO Very interesting to hear their stories of the orphans and "at risk" youth in this Country.

I was so intrigued!!!!!

I asked my boss later if they ever had employees go on these missions. He explained that it does happen and he would look into it for me. We have reaches from Mexico, Sri Lanka, Africa, Europe.... The POSSIBILITY of being able to see various parts of the world and do so "in service" just showed its head!

I am not sure it will happen or exactly how it happens, but I would love to have an opportunity to represent the Mission of this organization in another Country....

Man, such an amazing vision....dream....opportunity!!!!

I have taught these youth, and MANY other people.... I have even posted in past blogs about this distinction.....

"If you want your dreams to happen, WRITE THEM DOWN, and it makes them more and more of a reality"

I AM WRITING THIS DOWN!!!

As I look back a few months ago and think of where I "was" at that time, I really do see that the bigger the breakdown, the bigger the breakthrough.... I have struggles and difficulties adjusting to this start up, this position, this "new gig" but I have to say, the future just keeps getting brighter and brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment