Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Christmas 2009

Hello all,

As I sit here on my first Christmas Eve alone in 43 years, I have had the time to reflect, spend time with a few of the kids here at the Children's Home and interact with what seems to be an extension of the extensive family I have, I have to express how grateful I am for the people in my life and the life I have lived to this point.

It seems the older I get, the more difficult it becomes for me to get with it in the Holiday season. I am joked with about being the grinch and have even played the part well, but in reality, my heart swells as I realize how many people in my life I have to be grateful for.

To all of you with family, to those of you without them, I hope and pray that the Holiday Season brings you all the happiness and joy that the season can bring. It seems that many people have lost loved ones or are attending to those who are ill or suffering right now and again, I find myself full of gratitude for the things in my life I have... I am, without a doubt, BLESSED!!

So for just a minute, I am going to take my grinch hat off, bow my head, and BE thankful for all of you and for all of what you contribute to my life and the lives of others. Somewhere, someone is living a life that is BETTER because you are, or were a part of it.

Thank you all for making my life better, helping me to realize how special the life I have is and being there for me in the hard times, the good times and for the times that I can be difficult. My life is what it is because of all of you... I learn from you all the time, you help me see the world more clearly and when I think about it, its brings a smile to my face and an overwhelming sense of HONOR that I have for those of you in my life.

May God bless each and every one of you and although I cant be there with you during this time, please take a minute and spread my love to someone close to you through a hug, a thank you or even an extra piece of that special dessert that we will all take part in tomorrow. Please take a minute and think about someone that you haven't seen for a long time, maybe lost touch with or maybe even someone you have become estranged from and send them a heartfelt blessing.

Tis the Season and I hope the very best for all of you!

Merry Christmas!!

Peace...Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment