Wednesday, October 20, 2010

people never change (written 7-12-07)

You know, I have felt for most of my life that I am here to create change and to be in service to others. In all I have done in my life, I have found the greatest personal value in this quest. I have lived hard and rough for most of my life and have walked the "edge" so to speak, as I find that it offers the greatest and most exciting view.

I am often baffled at people and their sense to be "right" in this life and in how they view the world. In the research I have done through reading, listening to lectures, CD's and movies, this is something that doesn't change. We truly are creatures of habit!

I have been in a few message boards here lately and have even tippy-toed into a few religious based ones. In this step, and in every venture towards this issue, I am slammed with righteous people who tell me that if I don't live my life this way or that way that I will be going to Hell or have to stand in judgment before God.
Its funny because these people seem to want the world to look one way for people to live and be one way and if its not that way then it is "Wrong" and you will eternally burn or stand in judgment someday as a result of your choices.

I guess my point here is this...

Why don't people simply allow other people to live a life that works for them if it works for them?

Why do people want so badly to all be the same?

Why don't people realize that our differences are what makes the place we live interesting?

Why do I have to believe like you, look like you, act like you and live like you for my life to be "right?"

I see this world and EVERY SINGLE THING in it as created for us to experience. we can choose to not experience the things we don't want to and we can choose to experience the things we do want to experience but I truly believe that it is all placed here for that and there really is no "wrong" way to live this life. I see there are ways people live that don't serve themselves or others, I see that people get attached to things and cant see how to break free sometimes but does that make a person "wrong?"

We have, in the grand scheme of things, a very short time to experience this life we are living right now. If people could really live the line of "live and let live" man, would this place be different. The more time and energy we spend on trying to make other be like us or in making others wrong for their personal life journey, the more it takes away from our ability to experience every moment we have here.
I will end this with this....

Quit passing judgment on others for how they live their life.

Encourage diversity and embrace change.

 Live every day as if there is a reason for it.

Attach yourself to the things that provide you growth and the things that don't offer that for you, step away from it (them) without judgment.

The world truly is in need of more models and not more critics. No great leader in this world ever led anyone with simple words. It was in the actions they took in their lives that led the way for others.

GO LIVE IT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment