Saturday, October 23, 2010

A friend suggested I post this...

I had a friend who asked what kind of services I would be providing, and I went into some detail with him... he thought it would be a good idea to get this in my blog...So here it is!


I have a few things... One that I have set and has had GREAT reviews is called "How To Improve Your Parenting Programs" I have lectured with this topic on three or four separate occasions as well as taken it to organizations to train their staff. Non-Profits and social working, people who do "groups" in their jobs, etc... its beneficial for "trainers" and "case managers"

I have some programs on social work and BEING with people that is kind of outside of the norms from what they are taught in higher education... (vulnerability, transparency, unity with clients, etc...)

I have been told that people want to "hear my story" so I am going to work on an hour or two of that (which you know me, I could do a 6 hour session on that!! ;) ).... How I incorporate BE,DO,HAVE, and show results bigger than circumstances, how certain distinctions have shown evident in my life, (ie... my blog on the maze game, LIVING my contract, Committed beyond convenience, NEVER settle, excellence vs perfection, etc....)

Am willing to do programs for "self care management" (but need to format this into a presentation)

Goals, and the power of thought and how it creates action, or the lack of action (which is still action) again, I need to format this...

I have some school programs for at risk youth, I can generate experiential trainings to meet certain organizational/teams...

I can do just about anything for an hour or two ESPECIALLY for kids and in schools.... All I need is an idea and a little time.



I think I could do a GREAT presentation to parents at schools... About my shady youth, my dysfunctional past and where I am now, and WHY I am where I am now... I think I could give great ease to parents struggling with "troubled youth"

 I have to re-connect with this as I have stepped away from it for about a year. I am in the process of "re-attaining" the tools I need (books on exercise ideas, materials, a laptop, a projector)


I also have a parenting program that was my Senior Thesis in Grad School that is targeted to the Lower Socio-Economic status group of people. I also have a great presentation to defend why it works, with self generated, evidence based documentation that shows it works, which I can present to an organization who might like to contract me to do a parenting program for their organization (ie...CPS, Shelters, Divorce Court, "Single Mother" homes and programs, Men's groups, etc...).


This is my BABY here... This is what I want to hone more technically so I can gather it together, format it as a workable curriculum and market it. There are NO....AND I MEAN, NOOOOO parenting programs targeted to lower socio-economic classes (Trust me, I have done the research....well I did in 08).... there are "single black mother" parenting programs, "Hispanic single mother" parenting programs, "Teen parenting" programs, but NOTHING for uneducated, generational poverty classes of people (which I hate to tell you, is what is really the majority of people raising children, young ones too!)....


THIS is where I can make a HUGE impact in the world... Simple skills, in a format they can understand, experiential....(in almost every parenting class I had, I had at least one person who couldn't read.) I see mothers from my classes three years later who learned one or two skills in my class that they STILL use today, and I can see it! (and I teach a bunch with the hopes of them grasping one or two...SIMPLE, little things man....Remember, its the LITTLE things that make the most difference!). Its a six week class, two hours a night, one night a week. I had repeats that would come back JUST because they loved the class....some 3 and 4 times.


Man, do you GET THAT??.... No money, find babysitters, find a way to get to the class (most don't have cars), make every class and do it 3-4 times... One lady rode a bike to make the class.... even had one lady come do the class while she was living in her car, and made every class, on time, while people with cars and no excuses would show up late... (And I have strict ground rules...accountability ya know! Another skill LSE people lack)...WOW!! I feel unworthy sometimes!

 It TRULY changed their lives for the better and they are modeling a behavior for their kids to follow now....something they, nor their mommas, or their grandmammas' ever taught them... I LOVE IT MAN!! Can ya tell!!??... It has to start there man!



This is an idea of the direction I want to go with all of this... If you see a need for this anywhere, please keep me in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment