Friday, October 22, 2010

There are no accidents!!

So, today I got my web site started (don't get excited, nothing there yet) http://www.goldenintentions.org/. I was able to have almost all of my stuff off my flash drive recovered (Send your business to Laptops here in town...Dale is the MAN!) and am now ready to start putting programs together so I can get back into the schools, do workshops, lecture, get my parenting classes rolling again, etc... Man,
I am excited!!

Funny how a year and a half ago, I was petrified and now I am like a kid in a candy store and I don't know which way to turn!! So, let me get to what took place today...

As I was driving home from doing errands, I saw a lady who had taken my parenting class drive next to me. I knew she was going to her place of business, so I followed her since it was just a block away.

As we pulled into the parking lot, I could see Marion looking in her side mirror trying to figure out who this guy was pulling up behind her car. I stepped out, was greeted with her warm smile, she got out of her car and walked up to hug me. She said, "Brad, what are you doing???" and I responded, "I am stalking you Marion?" and gave her a wink... She said "Oh, I like that, good thing....You got a minute to sit and chat?"

I did, so I followed her into her office (Archway Recovery Centers)... We sat down, did the general, informal greetings, found out our families were all good, life was all good, yada, yada, yada...

We get to the point about my "line of work" and I explain to her that I am going to give it a shot of getting out on my own. Her eyes lit up and she said "Brad, I need someone to do kids groups for a project I am doing to meet the needs of at risk kids, and kids with addiction problems! You are wonderful with groups, what do you think?"

I was floored...I knew that the doors were continuing to open... We discussed this opportunity a bit and we both realized there were some details we needed to discuss and it was going to be something we didn't have time for at that moment. Soooooooooooo......

I have an appointment with her next week to have lunch and discuss her needs, aaaaaannnnddddd.....

Last night, I was contacted by an old friend from CPS who had clients that use to come to my parenting class. I told him what I was doing and considering, and he said he wanted to have lunch as well and help me get back in contact with the CPS administrative team and discuss the options of doing my parenting class again. So, we have a lunch scheduled for next week as well to discuss this option.

I also connected with a counselor friend of mine who hit me up a couple of years ago to do my parenting program for his clients and a few other counselors clients... I have not heard back from him, but it all sounds very promising...

I am going to chat next week with the guy (Kenya) who lit this fire under my butt and work out some details I will need for presenting in schools, to groups, etc... Even though I have lectured and presented, most of the work I did before was for a non-profit, so I was doing the programs for free... I need to learn how I am going to make a living doing it for myself... How VERY exciting!!

Like I said in my previous blog... "A safe square" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment